A reality most people in Nigeria have had to face is that they can’t get to use their debit cards to make foreign payments online. Most banks keep declining the payment while the ones that try have a very meager spending limit on foreign purchases. This limit is at a maximum of $20 with some banks’ limits being below that. A way to solve all of this is by using a virtual dollar card. In this article, I’ll share the best virtual dollar cards in Nigeria in 2023 that you can use for all foreign purchases.
What is a virtual Dollar card?
Just like the name says, virtual cards are non-physical which does what any physical bank card can do. It even offers other things that physical cards can’t. It is available on the app every time so you can’t forget it at home like a normal card.
Virtual Dollar cards are cards that are loaded with dollars so you can use it for all foreign purchases with no limit. They are comfortable to use and can be set up online.
Virtual Dollar cards have a generated card number with a CVV code and an expiry date, and that’s what is needed to make payments.
How to create a virtual Dollar card in Nigeria?
There are different apps available in Nigeria that are known to offer virtual Dollar cards that work for foreign payments. They are known to work when you need to pay for Netflix or on Amazon, eBay, Google Ads, AliExpress, and Facebook Ads.
To create a virtual dollar card in Nigeria, follow the steps below:
- Choose any app listed in this article
- Sign up for an account
- Verify your account using your personal information like name, DOB, nationality, BVN, and any valid ID document.
- After your account is verified, request a virtual Dollar card.
- In 48 hours, your virtual Dollar card will be ready for use.
Best Virtual Dollar Cards in Nigeria in 2023
Here are some of the best virtual Dollar cards that you can use in Nigeria in 2023.
1. PSTNET Virtual Dollar Card
PSTNET is a modern and high-quality service that issues instant virtual debit cards Visa/Mastercard in USD and EUR for paying for goods, services, and advertising campaigns worldwide. Simple and fast registration. The first card is available without providing documents (verification is required for issuing subsequent cards and removing spending limits).
Cards can be funded with cryptocurrency USDT TR-20/BTC, SEPA/SWIFT transfers, Visa/Mastercard cards. Low top-up fees starting from 2%. BIN (25+) of banks from the USA and Europe, cards for different purposes with 3DS protection (codes are sent to the personal account or Telegram bot) for secure purchases and minimal risk of payment rejection. All cards are rechargeable.
To create a PSTNET virtual dollar card, follow these steps:
1. Register using your Google/Telegram account or email and password.
2. Add funds to your account.
3. Go to the Cards section, where you will be redirected to the new card creation page.
4. Fill in all available fields to create a virtual dollar card.
2. Barter Virtual Dollar Card
Barter is a Fintech company created by Flutterwave. It is used to send and receive money across different countries in the world.
Barter by Flutterwave offers virtual Dollar cards that you can use to make foreign payments. The card helps you to bypass any restrictions the local cards have when making payments. To create a virtual Dollar card, you need to pay a small fee of $1.
To create a Barter Virtual Dollar Card, follow the steps below:
- Download the Barter by Flutterwave app on your phone.
- Sign up to create an account, then complete the KYC and identity verification processes.
- Add some money to your Barter account using the various means available.
- Go to the Cards section.
- Click the “Create new card” button.
- Here, you can choose between a multifunctional card for all foreign payments or a bespoke card for a particular platform.
- Now, input the amount you want to add to your Dollar card.
3. ALAT By Wema Virtual Dollar Card
Wema is a conventional bank in Nigeria and a few years ago, it became a force in the digital bank space. ALAT is a digital bank by Wema so everything you need is done online.
ALAT Virtual Dollar Card can be used to make payments on Netflix, Apple Music, Spotify, Udemy, Amazon, Facebook, Coursera, Google, etc. It has a monthly maintenance fee of 525 Naira. You get your first dollar card for free with a fee needed if you want to create more.
To create an ALAT By Wema Virtual Dollar Card, follow the steps below.
- Sign up to create an account.
- Verify your phone number then complete the KYC and confirm your identity.
- Add money to your account.
- Go to the Cards section where you’ll be redirected to a page to Create a New Card.
- Complete all the fields available to create your virtual Dollar card.
4. Chipper Virtual Dollar Card
Chipper is another Fintech that offers virtual Dollar cards in Nigeria. Chipper Virtual Dollar Card is pre-funded and you can use it for all international payments.
The Chipper Virtual Dollar Card has a monthly spending limit of $5000 and it offers 5% cash back on all purchases.
To create a Chipper Virtual Dollar Card, follow the steps below.
- Download the Chipper Cash app on your phone.
- Create a Free Account using your phone number.
- Go to your Profile then verify your account by taking a virtual selfie and inputting your BVN.
- Go to the Cards section.
- Click on Claim USD Card then verify it with a valid ID document like NIN or Driver’s License.
- After it has been verified, you’d get access to your Dollar card and its details.
5. Wallets Africa Virtual Dollar Card
Wallets Africa is a digital wallet that you can use to save, send and receive money. It offers virtual Dollar cards that are issued by United Bank for Africa.
Wallet Africa Virtual Dollar Cards have a monthly maintenance fee of $1 with a fee of $0.75 for every foreign transaction and a 2% fee for adding funds from an external account.
To create a Wallets Africa Virtual Dollar Card, follow the steps below.
- Download the Wallets Africa app on your phone or go to its official website.
- Create your account, whether personal or business.
- Complete the KYC and identity verification processes.
- Adds money to your account.
- Go to the Cards section to create your virtual Dollar card.
6. Gomoney Virtual Card
Gomoney is another Fintech company that offers virtual cards that you can use for online payments on Netflix, Spotify, Google Play, etc.
Gomoney has a virtual debit MasterCard that you can use when you want to pay on international platforms.
To create a Gomoney virtual card, follow the steps below.
- Download the Gomoney app on your phone.
- Create your account.
- Verify your account with your BVN and virtual selfie.
- On the app’s main page, swipe left to access the Cards section.
- Tap Get a Card and input all the info required.
Now, we’ve come to the end of this article showing you some of the best virtual Dollar cards in Nigeria in 2023.