Meta owner of Facebook and Instagram has expanded the availability of the Facebook reels for android and ios to more countries in sub-Saharan Africa. Earlier, the reels for Facebook was only available in India, Mexico; Canada and the US. But now, it is available across over 20 counties in the sub-Sahara.
Meta does not only create Facebook reels for this ecosystem alone. It introduced a better way for creators to monetize their video reels with the reels Plays bonus program that will pay eligible creators up to $35,000 a month based on their qualifying reels.
Nunu Ntshlinga, Regional director of sub-Sharan Africa at meta says,
“We’ve seen that video now accounts for almost all of the time people spend on Facebook and Instagram, and Reels is our fastest-growing content format by far.
This is why we’re focused on making Reels the best way for creators to get discovered, connect with their audience and earn money. We also want to make it fun and easy for people to find and share relevant and entertaining content.
Meta is also giving advertisers more control over how their ads appear in places they don’t consider suitable for their campaigns with brand suitability control, publishers lists, blacklists, inventory filters and delivery reports for banners and stickers in Facebook reels.
Other editing features include;
- Remix: Create your reel alongside an existing, publicly-shared reel on Facebook. When you create a Remix, you can create a reel that includes all or part of another creator’s reel.
- 60-second Reels: Make reels up to 60 seconds long.
- Drafts: You will soon be able to create a reel and choose to “Save As Draft” below the Save button.
- Video Clipping: In the coming months, we’re planning to roll out video clipping tools that will make it easier for creators who publish live or long-form, recorded videos to test different formats.
Create and Discover Reels in New Places
- Reels in Stories: You can share public reels to Stories on Facebook, making it easy to share favourite reels with friends and giving creators more visibility and reach. You’ll also be able to create reels from existing public stories.
- Reels in Watch: You’ll be able to watch reels directly within the Watch tab and we’re developing tools to help you create reels in the Watch tab as well.
- Top of Feed: We’re adding a new Reels label at the top of Feed so you’ll be able to easily create and watch reels in just a few clicks.
- Suggested Reels in Feed: In select countries, we’re starting to suggest reels that you may like in your Feed from people you do not already follow.
Meta is also exploring new ideas for creators to share reels between Facebook and Instagram. This feature will look similar to the cross-posting feature on Reddit.